The Heat Power Engineering Master’s Program introduces students to advanced technologies and systems connected with heat processes in industrial plants and power stations. Since 2017, this master program has been offered jointly by South Ural State University and by North China Electric Power University (Beijing, China). Upon successful completion of the program students are awarded the diplomas from both universities.
Commitment: Full-time, 4 semesters, 120 ECTS
Work integrated learning: Internship, 1 semester
Upon successful completion of SUSU Heat Power Engineering Program, you will be able to:
- make calculations for industrial steam and gas units (stations), separation columns, section and induction furnace, compressors, pumps, fans, steam generators, chemical biomass reactions;
- maintain and operate oil and gas drilling equipment, cryogenic equipment, refrigeration and cooling systems, heat and mass transfer equipment, wind turbines.
You will be well aware of the processes connected with:
- gas, water, heat and air supply, heating processes, ventilation and air conditioning processes, cooling and refrigeration, fluidized bed devices, water-slurry fuel, the Organic Rankin Cycles, biochemical stations for purification of industrial waters.
- There are 12 Courses required to complete the degree. You will learn the basic principles of thermodynamics and mechanics, electricity and controls, gas dynamics and hydraulic systems. One of the basic areas we will focus on is heat exchangers for renewable energy applications. You will be required to submit a written thesis describing the research project carried out during the program；
- Internships, which allow students to gain meaningful hands-on experience.
- High-quality peer-reviewed publications (1 paper published in a Scopus/WoS-indexed journal (including but not limited to Q1,Q2). Yes, we do help you.
- Participation in international science and technology conferences on optimization of fuel consumption for various industrial applications.
The program is highly industry-oriented. Our industrial partners (e.g. https://www.fortum.com/, https://chelpipegroup.com/) support students in a number of ways – by providing internships, through guest lectures and real-world case studies, checking courses content to maintain course relevance to leading employers.
- 4 departments
- 23 labs with simulators allowing students to model real-life processes such as heat transfer in heat exchanger systems/refrigeration systems/boilers, gas-liquid flow in a pipe etc.
- International Center on Innovations in Alternative Energy
Staff: 80% PhDs with extensive experience in both industrial and R&D environments who will help you with your research and publications. Learn more
Career opportunities: Graduates of this program may develop successful and rewarding careers in a wide variety of industries, such as industrial heat power engineering, metallurgy, oil and gas industry, civic and industrial construction. They work for TBEA Co., Iraq Petroleum Company, Fortum, Emerson, CNPC, major distributed energy generation companies amongst others. Our graduates might also choose to start a fruitful career as a researcher and apply for PhD program in Electrical and Heat Power Engineering.