Frequently Asked Questions

What is the application deadline?

July, 15

Do I have to pay the application fee?

No. SUSU does not charge an application fee.

Does SUSU provide financial support for its international students?

A range of the merit-based RF government scholarships intended to cover the tuition fee are available for international students. Please refer to the Rossotrudnichestvo website

What about medical insurance?

You will have to buy medical insurance upon your arrival to Russia. It costs about 6000 Rubles.

Do you provide wi-fi?

SUSU provides the eduroam wireless network service to the campus community. It allows laptops in the dorm to connect to the campus computer network and Internet. Every student has free access to different information systems of the university.

Сan I use a Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC) grant to apply for the program?

Yes. You can.

Do you require English proficiency test scores?

You do NOT have to show your formal qualifications, but you do have to understand that it is essential that your English/Russian language skills are good enough for you to undertake a course that is  taught in English/Russian. We run a Russian as a Foreign Language remedial course for students who are not sure about their language skills.

Can I bring my family with me?

You will need to make separate arrangements for your family members.

When does the semester start?

Fall Semester typically starts on the September 1-st, and runs through December. Spring semester starts in February and ends in late June.

Do I need to be interviewed before being enrolled on the program?

You will need an interview as a part of the application process only if you are applying through the CSC.

Do you provide extra English/Russian classes?

You may join Russian Speaking Club where students are given the opportunity to improve their Russian language proficiency while discussing the most exciting challenges of contemporary society. There are several projects the Pushkin Institute Center has developed to help international students  sharpen their skills of Russian language and gain deeper insight into the Russian culture. Please refer to the Pushkin Institute Center website

Do you have a swimming pool on the premises of SUSU?

Yes. We do.

Can I take international language tests in Chelyabinsk?

You can take TORFL (Test of Russian as a Foreign Language) at the SUSU authorized TORFL Test Center. You may want to sit IELTS or TOEFL, and it is possible in Chelyabinsk, but you should first get registered with ETS.

I already have a Russian visa. Do I need to apply for another visa to study at SUSU?

Yes, you will need to apply for a student visa, which will reflect your affiliation with SUSU and allow you to live in Russia full-time for the length of your study.

What is the procedure of paying for studies?

A student may pay the whole sum, or may divide payment into 2 or 10 parts.

How safe is the SUSU campus?

SUSU is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for our students and staff.